Suryadatta Lifetime achievement award 2010 received by Madhu Pandit Dasa, Chairman of Akshaya Patra Foundation Bangalore.
Rotary Club of Bangalore central presents award to Madhu Pandit Dasa
Rotary International District 3190 – Excellence in Community Service Award Presented to Sri Madhu Pandit Dasa
Madhu Pandit Dasa, formerly named Madhusudan S, was born in 1956 in the Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala, India. A spiritual leader of the Hare Krishna Movement, he also initiated Akshaya Patra Foundation, which is today the largest school meal program in the world. Awards received by Madhu Pandit Dasa
• Rotary Bangalore City center RI Dist 3190: Man of the Year – 1997
• Rotary Bangalore Brigades: Plaque of Honor - 13/07/2001
• Governor’s Award 26/01/2002
• Rajyotsava Award, Govt. of Karnataka: Nov-03
• Kannada Koota, New York, Inc. :Humanitarian Award, 2003
• Karnataka Sahitya Parishat: Karnatakashree - 21/12/2003
• Rotary International Dist 3190: Excellence in Community
• Service Award – 2003-04 (Jan 2004)
• Independence Day Award, 2006 Govt. of Rajasthan
• Rotary Bangalore Orchards: Vocational Excellence Award - 2008
• CNBC India Business Leader Award 2008 under Social Enterprise category
• Distinguished Alumnus Award 2010, IIT Mumbai Sri. Madhu Pandit Dasa said, “I am very humbled and honored on being conferred the Distinguished Alumnus Award on the 51st Foundation Day of IIT Mumbai. This recognition is considered by me to be the blessings my Worship able Lord Sri Krishna and the blessings of the millions of children we feed in Akshaya Patra.” IIT Bombay celebrated its 51st Foundation Day with Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Director, Prof M Barma, as Chief Guest.
Distinguished Alumnus Award conferred to Sri. Madhu Pandit Dasa, Chairman the Akshaya Patra Foundation & President, ISKCON - Bangalore by IIT Mumbai.
Mumbai/ Bangalore, March 10, 2010: The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, on its Foundation day, bestowed the Distinguished Alumnus Award 2010 to Sri. Madhu Pandit Dasa (a.k.a Madhusudan Sivasankar), Founder Chairman, the Akshaya Patra Foundation and President of ISKCON - Bangalore. The institute recognized and honored Sri Madhu Pandit Dasa for “his contribution to humanitarian services and organic farming”, said the citation. This is the highest honor the Institute bestows on the Foundation Day. The institute honors five alumni every year and the others who received the Distinguished Alumnus awards this year along with Madhu Pandit Dasa are Dr Nitish Thakor, Professor, John Hopkins University, R.Chandra Shekhar, IAS, Secretary, Department of Information Technology, Government of India, Adil Zaimulbhai, Managing Director, Mckinsey India and Colin H Gonslaves, Founder, India Center for Human Rights and Law. As a pre-degree student, he was selected by the highly reputed National Talent Search program of the country. He completed his B.Tech in Civil Engineering from IIT-Mumbai in the year 1981. Having found the path that answered his quest for the Absolute Truth, right after his days in IIT-Bombay, Madhu Pandit Dasa dedicated his life to serving the mission of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. He has nearly three decades of self less work behind him. He has demonstrated ability in building organizations of excellence in the non-profit sector and is held in high esteem for his contribution to the society, in humanitarian, cultural and spiritual spheres. He has been instrumental in conceiving and implementing many social initiatives that have, are and will change the lives of million of people in this country. Besides impacting the social sector, his innovative presentation of utilizing the mesmerizing technological medium has rekindled and re-energized the interests in our rich Indian culture. He designed and built one of the most popular cultural centers, ISKCON Sri Radha Krishna temple in Bangalore, which was inaugurated in 1997 by the then President of India. The successful completion of this project was nothing but the result of applying his training in IIT on a foundation of spiritual maturity for a selfless cause. Sri. Madhu Pandit Dasa said, “I am very humbled and honored on being conferred the Distinguished Alumnus Award on the 51st Foundation Day of IIT Mumbai. This recognition is considered by me to be the blessings my worship able Lord Sri Krishna and the blessings of the millions of children we feed in Akshaya Patra.” IIT Bombay celebrated its 51st Foundation Day with Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Director, Prof M Barma, as Chief Guest.